Careers at Pen Test Partners
We’re only as good as the people in our team, so we’re always looking for great people. Maybe that’s you?
We at PTP are acutely aware of the lack of diversity in our industry, and are keen to address that.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from people from all walks of life.
It’s very simple, if you have the skills and experience we’d love to talk with you.
What you can expect from us
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance and Healthcare Benefit on completion of probation
- Group personal pension
- Time and resource for research / pet projects / blogging
- An environment where you can flourish, learn, and grow, as a person not just as an employee
- PHP Full-Stack Developer
- Pen Testing Consultant
- Red Team Support
- Digital Forensic Analyst
- IT Support Technician
All roles are UK based.
How to apply
Send your CV with a covering email to:
PHP Full-Stack Developer
You will be working on some existing internal applications using Laravel, and you will also be involved building a new customer facing platform from the ground up, using the latest technology stack. The role will be home based with occasional team meetups at the office.
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 4 years development experience and solid experience with:
- LEMP (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP)
- Laravel Framework (or similar MVC frameworks)
- Frontend technologies (such as Vue, Angular, JQuery)
You’ll also have a keen interest in building new applications from scratch.
- Authentication Platform experience (e.g. Auth0)
- GoLang & Python
- A familiarity or interest in IT Security
- Any DevOps or deployment automation experience
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
Pen Testing Consultant
Pen Test Partners (PTP) are currently recruiting for UK based consultants with the following experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of delivering high quality pen testing services
- Infrastructure, web application and API testing
- Manage and deliver complex engagements
- CTL equivalent qualification (or close to being exam ready)
- Experience helping with QA and scoping process.
- Performing a wide range of penetration testing, of different service types on a variety of common and bespoke platforms
- Successfully lead and manage complex engagements including CHECK jobs from initial scoping all the way through to client debriefs
- Help mould and evolve current test service offerings
- Knowledge sharing within the technical team
- Using your experience to train current and future junior members
- Gain further accreditations or stay up to date with current ones depending on the business needs
- Speciality testing in areas such as mobile testing / Kubernetes / code review
- Proficient in at least one cloud platform (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Interest to perform research in the cyber security field
We may ask you to attempt some CTF style exercises as part of the application process.
Red Team Support
The Pen Test Partners (PTP) Red Team are looking for someone to join them in a support capacity. This role requires a mix of technical and client-facing skills and will involve:
- Assisting with daily internal Red Team enquiries
- Writing up proposals / Statements of Work based on scoping calls
- Assisting with scheduling jobs
- Joining scoping calls with clients, to:
- Understand client needs
- Go through the Red Team scoping questionnaire and record responses
- Record sufficient notes to write a proposal / Statement of Work
- Sales experience
- Technically minded
- Ability to learn quickly
- Client Facing skills
- Strong Team Player
- Excellent document preparation and editing skills
- Motivated to learn independently
Knowledge of the following topics, their purpose, plus why and how they are used:
- Red Teaming
- Purple Teaming
- Threat Actors and Threat Simulation
- Blue Teaming and SOC
- VPN, Cloud, Firewalls, IDS, EDR, Encryption
- Assessment Frameworks (*BEST, TIBER, *CASE, STAR)
- Testing Tools
- Various Operating Systems
Digital Forensic Analyst
A minimum of 1-2 years experience assisting in the delivery of Digital forensic investigations.
A good understanding of forensic technologies and experience conducting forensic acquisition using hardware and software solutions (such as Tableau write blockers and FTK / Encase).
Experience conducting triage of forensic evidence and taking structured notes in a digital forensic lab environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable acquiring and processing incoming case evidence for digital forensic and incident response jobs in preparation for full analysis.
Some basic understanding of networking technologies including but not limited to TCP / IP, Common protocols (HTTP, FTP, SSH etc), Common ports, VPN and Remote Access Technologies as they apply to conducting forensic acquisition and triage review.
Nice to haves:
Training in these areas will be provided as part of an ongoing development program of the candidate.
Experience conducting root cause analysis / full investigation of Windows and Linux operating systems.
Memory forensics and conducting malware analysis using tools such as Volatility. Advanced understanding of x86 and x64 machine code and code execution in Windows and Linux environments.
An advanced understanding of network technologies and forensic / incident response methodologies used to assess and protect them. This includes understanding of specific platform technologies such as SAN infrastructure or 802.11 networks and how the forensic + incident response processes apply.
Additional areas of Interest:
Any specialist forensic knowledge (such as mobile investigations, embedded systems, malware analysis etc) is of additional interest. Any hobbies or projects which demonstrate skills in analysis of forensic evidence or building bespoke solutions to common forensic problems.
Not all software listed below is required, however the ideal candidate will have some working knowledge of the products and can demonstrate how to use them for forensic acquisition and triage.
- FTK (& FTK Imager)
- IOC Tools (such as Loki, FastIR etc).
- Powershell / Batch
- Auto IT
IT Support Technician
We are recruiting to provide effective IT technical assistance to internal customers assisting with hardware and software problems via phone, email or onsite. Also, to provide help and support to the Head of IT.
- To provide technical support, answering support queries to internal customers either onsite or via phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all calls on the ticketing system and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to enquiries from clients / customers and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Fault finding to laptops and servers.
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software.
- Completing internal user setups including phones / laptop / servers.
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with company requirements.
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives.
- Provide assistance as required to the IT manager.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Two years experience within IT support
- A full UK Driving licence is required
- Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop and server technologies
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge general networking
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office
- Experience using cloud services
- Experience of security products and certifications (e.g., ISO 27001)
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
Certification would be beneficial, but is not essential
Agencies, please read…
Any CVs received from agencies with whom we do not already have terms will be considered a gift.