EuroSTAR is an independent, all-inclusive community and since 1993 we’ve gathered testers and quality assurance professionals from all over Europe to connect, learn and test. Every year, we get a little bigger and now – well, we’re thrilled to be the largest, friendliest gathering of testers & QA professionals in Europe.
We couldn’t do it without you, and we can’t wait to bring the testing community together again, September 28-30 2021! Sign up to our database to be the first to know about EuroSTAR 2021.
Ken Munro will be presenting: API security. The cyber chaos that ensues when you don’t authorise requests properly
- By far the most common and most damaging of cyber security vulnerability categories in smart (e.g. IoT) devices is in the API
- Get ‘cyber’ wrong there and you have instant, total compromise of the device, the data and the platform.
- Yet API security and request authorisation is easy tested for and easily detected. Why do so many developers miss this?
- We are experts in IoT device security. Many of the large smart device hacks you have seen in the press are from our research
- Learn from us, learn from the mistakes of others and deliver better, more secure APIs to your customers
- Along the way we will show you numerous examples of real-world products where API requests went wrong. From airplanes to kids toys to smart watches to ships to cars and many more.