Papa – PTP Advanced Password Auditor
Papa, the PTP Advanced Password Auditor, is a password cracking and auditing service.
Attackers often exploit weak passwords and attempt to crack hashes to gain further access to a network, so Papa allows system administrators to stay one step ahead and ensure that weak passwords are not an effective attack vector.
What is Papa?
Papa is a tool designed to help system administrators identify users with weak passwords.
It extracts the encrypted hashes from the domain and sends them, over a secure connection, to our dedicated password cracking servers.
All cracked passwords are then returned to the Papa tool where administrators can get detailed information about the domain as a whole and perform trend analysis to view the impact of password policy changes.
Why use the Papa password auditing service?
- Papa allows organisations to quickly and easily conduct password auditing on their domain and identify where weak passwords are in use.
- It extracts hashes from the domain controller, and securely sends only the hashes to our servers for cracking. No user or company information is transmitted ensuring maximum confidentiality.
- It’s very easy to use – one button and the hashes are extracted and sent to our servers for cracking.
- Papa keeps a snapshot of the passwords retrieved so that organisations can identify trends in weak password use, and the effect of password policies as they are introduced.
- Papa is password protected, and all sensitive information is stored in a locally-encrypted database.
- Papa uses dedicated password cracking servers with cutting edge GPUs to maximise cracking speed.
Get in touch with us to find out more and start benefiting.